Aloo Gobi: This classic Indian dish is a favorite among many.
Kaizer Yellow Mustard Oil is considered superior due to its unique combination of health benefits, culinary versatility, and natural preservative properties.
By Sahistha Dagar
Aloo Gobi: This classic Indian dish is a favorite among many. Recipe
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Kaizer Yellow Mustard Oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnishing)
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of Kaizer Mustard Oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, grated ginger, and green chillies to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cubed potatoes and cauliflower florets to the pan. Mix well, so that the vegetables are coated with the spices.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, and salt to taste. Mix well, so that the vegetables are coated with the spices.
- Cover the pan and cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Keep stirring occasionally to ensure that the vegetables do not stick to the pan.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add garam masala to the pan and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, roti or naan.